Friday 3 July 2015

Ramadan Diary - Day 14 (Wednesday 1st July 2015)

Hello Everyone! :D

Ok so today is the day that we all have been preparing for! I'm excited about it! However just to note: IT'S SO HOT!! Yes, it literally is the hottest day of the year so far. I can't believe it. I'm just wondering how everyone is coping with their fast. I'm sure it's not as bad as everyone thinks, and if it is just remember the benefits that will come from it! :D


We still had to tidy up around the house because a few relatives were going to stop by our place before heading over to my sisters place. Because I was busy with other things I wasn't there when all this was happening. I just helped out here and there with the tidying up before I left.

Once I came back it was near the Iftar time so me and my brothers all went over to my sisters place. There were a few people already there and there was a lot of hustling and bustling everywhere, which was to be expected.

Later on there were more people who came, and the heat was starting to get to me but I didn't say much because everyone else was fasting and there was no point in making excuses. I was talking with our guests while my siblings went to help out with the preparations. I did start to help out and there was a lot of plating and such and by the time I finished it was time to break our fast.

The women were all in my sister's bedroom while the men were in the living room. There of course needed to be some seggregation. I honestly did not feel hungry at all, in fact that whole day I didn't eat anything, I just felt bloated and it was difficult to eat anything. However I did tell my big sis that I would eat later on when everyone left.

After a lot of mingling and once our guest left, I ate, but again barely. I just didn't feel like eating anything. I started to feel light headed and decided at home that I'll eat something.

Overall the night was a success Alhamdulilah and the weather was quite hot but it I feel like we will be rewarded with our efforts. It was nice for everyone to break our fast together as a family I think it feels more wholesome.

Well that was all for today, I hope you all had a wonderful day and looks like we all survived the heat wave Alhamdulilah!

Take care everyone and think positive.
Tarana A beaming star shining with positivity for the world to embrace xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment